By Maltego Technologies
OpenCorporates Transforms for Maltego
OpenCorporates is the largest open database of companies in the world. They have 160+ million companies from 130 jurisdictions, including the US, UK, Switzerland, Panama, and more. all bought together into a standardized global schema. The company also works with NGOs, governments, and anti-corruption activists on issues such as beneficial ownership, anti-money laundering, and financial crime.
OpenCorporates collects data from primary public sources, does not use third-party data providers to access this data. Unlike the traditional ‘black-box’ data providers, OpenCorporates provides open (non-proprietary) identifiers based on the identifiers issued by the official source.
WIth the Maltego OpenCorporate Transforms, query into OpenCorporates API and gain access to the underlying structured data, ready to enhance data on-demand or power onboarding or investigation workflows. The Transforms cover the basics of the OpenCorporates API, namely information of companies and their officers.
Maltego’s OpenCorporates Transforms are free to use for everyone, however, users will need to get an API key from OpenCorporates first. Sign up for an OpenCorporates API key here: https://opencorporates.com/api_accounts/new
- By de-siloing official data, OpenCorporates has become an essential tool for fraud identification, asset recovery, or forensic accounting.
- Leverage the data for verification purposes, either as part of a workflow process or for on-boarding.
- OpenCorporate provides a backbone of legal entities, clearly modeled and provenanced, providing a foundational data source, on which investigators can build with confidence.
- Enhance investigations with OpenCorporates data with the use of other data sources available on the Maltego Transform Hub.
- Financial Institutions
- Law Enforcement
- Corporate Investigators
- Due Diligence Professionals
Pricing & Access
Pricing Tier: Paid
Hub Type: Commercial Hub and Community Hub
Requirements: For full solution access, Maltego One, Classic or XL license, and OpenCorporates API subscription
- Bring your own key: Install the OpenCorporates Hub Item from Transform Hub on Maltego Desktop Client and plug-in your OpenCorporates API key.
- If you do not have an OpenCoporates API subscription, sign up here or reach out to us using the form below.
Reach out to us to learn more about this data integration and how to access it.
OpenCorporates is by far the largest open database of companies in the world, with over 192 million companies in 140 jurisdictions. As the largest open database of companies in the world, our business is making high-quality, official company data openly available. We are regularly used by journalists, anti-corruption investigators, civil society, as well as financial institutions, business information aggregators, and governments.
For more information, https://opencorporates.com/