Webinar | How Technology Changed Investigative Journalism
Journalism and freedom of the press have been the cornerstone of many positive changes in societies. In many countries where the Rule of Law is lacking, journalists operate as whistleblowers and expose wrongdoings. Hence the absolute necessity of effective and ethical journalism in all countries. The quality of their research is very important to safeguard against disinformation and promote truth.
Many journalists use OSINT as a technique to conduct their investigations. Technology has progressed rapidly in the last couple of decades, which in turn is having a big impact on how journalists run investigations and do quality control on articles.
This webinar will discuss:
- A delve into the research of two journalists who are using technology in critically important exposes
- How they collect data, where they collect data and ways in which data can be processed and used
- The ethical question that governs journalism
- Expose the Maltego community to knowledge from a journalist’s investigative perspective
- The importance of what happens after articles are published on sensitive topics