Maltego Academic and Non-Profit Program
With this program, we want to spur innovation in our community with a free 1 year Maltego license for academic and non-profit researchers.
About the program
Since 2008, Maltego has empowered millions of investigations worldwide.
With this program, we want to encourage continued innovation within the Maltego community. We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who can help us create awareness of our tool with younger generations, create user-based knowledge around Maltego in new and exciting topics, and help us develop a strong foundation to take Maltego to the next level.
What do we offer?
- Free Maltego license valid for 1 year.
- Support from our subject matter experts.
- Regular updates about Maltego & its features.
- An opportunity to be featured on our website and social media.
- Chance to be a Maltego advocate at your institution.
- Discount on future purchase of Maltego products.
- Chance of getting a three-month internship with our company.
- Chance to win personalized Maltego swag!
- Affiliation to an Academic or Non-profit Organization.
- Completion of the online application.
Submissions will be received from April 1st to May 31st, 2021
Our Academic and Research Partners
Over the past year I have worked with great pleasure and enthusiasm with the Maltego employees. Their support, ideas and creativity were a joy to experience. The opportunities that Maltego offered to be able to use the product for a short period of time in my educational process was also very positive. In addition, the reactions of my students were very positive and full of praise for Maltego as an instrument for conducting forensic research on the internet, among other things. They experienced this during the courses they followed with me and indicated this to me with conviction.
In short, I am very pleased with both Maltego as a product in cyber security, as well as the employees of the company behind this wonderful professional software product. I therefore highly recommend the product as the organization to use or to work with.
I was very enthusiastic about being accepted to the Maltego Program and I have set high expectations from myself in a period of time that simply had other priorities. Even so, the big plus for myself is that, from time to time, I took my laptop and explored Maltego resources and learned a little about how it works. I am not a proficient user, but I am a better user than I was 9 months ago, and I really want to thank you and Maltego for this opportunity.
Rules for Admissions
- Mandatory follow-up sessions will be conducted with each participant at agreed upon times according to each project’s duration. The goal of the sessions is to evaluate the current progress of each project. If the participant misses one of the agreed upon sessions, there will be grace period of 7 days during which the participant is expected to make up for his missed session. Maltego reserves the right to remove the participant from the program and revoke the license key.
- Any commercial use of the awarded license is forbidden. If the participant is found to be using the license for any commercial purpose, Maltego reserves the right to disqualify the participant and revoke their license key.
- Maltego reserves the right to all the content created during the program by the participant whether it is a code, investigation, transform, visual, etc.
- The project updates (it may be audio, video, word, ppt, pdf, excel) shared by the participants should be in English language only.
- If the participant wishes to leave the program at any point in time, he/she may submit all the work done until that time. Maltego reserves the right to revoke the license key and remove such participants from the program.
- Selected applicants will agree to provide Maltego Technologies GmbH the permission to share the results of their project on the Company’s platforms. However, sensitive information will be sanitized or removed previous to said actions and in agreement with the participants. All this in order to ensure the participants their continued control over their data.
- The terms and conditions described here are an extension of Maltego’s General Terms & Conditions . By participating in this program, participants accept these terms. All licenses granted in this program are considered usage of the “Free Version” of Maltego for academic and non-profit purposes.