Our Maltego training for Beginners 🔗︎
Getting acquainted with the different sources of OSINT available to a security analyst can be quite a daunting task even with the use of Maltego. During this training we will help you unlock the true potential and raw power of Maltego – from helping you to understand the underlying technologies to exploring the full potential of Maltego’s analytic capabilities.
From finding people and those who influence them to uncovering internal IP addresses and technology used at major corporations this training will propel you into the world of open source intelligence feet first. Expect to be surprised by how much data is ‘out there’ and what people can do with it as well as how you can reach this data for both defending and attacking.
This is a two-day hands-on course packed with practical exercises using real world data, giving participants real world experience with the tool whilst being trained by the very people that developed the tool. Our training is given by the same people who build Maltego and use it every day.
Who should take this training? 🔗︎
This training offers skill-sets that apply to almost anyone interested in gathering information and analyzing it. Specifically, people with the following backgrounds will benefit greatly:
- Open source intelligence investigators.
- IT security professionals.
- Fraud teams
- Law enforcement or intelligence community.
- Business analysts and data scientists.
Course breakdown 🔗︎
Day 1: 🔗︎
- Introduction to Maltego and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT).
- How to get the most out of the tool - the tips and tricks that we regularly use in investigations.
- Importing and exporting data to/from Maltego.
- Mapping organizations on infrastructure level.
- Classifying infrastructure.
- Determining technologies used by a company and identifying possible weak spots.
Day 2: 🔗︎
- Attribution - find the people and organisations behind the infrastructure we found on day 1.
- Techniques to find, profile and influence individuals or groups of people
- Working with social networks, geotagged pictures, devices and aliases.
- Spheres of influence around individuals.
Classroom requirements 🔗︎
Private Maltego training is performed on the client’s premises and the following equipment will be required to conduct the training:
- A training room with desks and chairs for the trainer and all the students.
- A projector with a resolution of at least 1280p.
- Enough power plugs for all the students
- Each student will need laptop (Mac or PC) with at least 4 GB of ram, a mouse (very important), and enough hard drive space to install the latest version of Maltego.
- An open, unfiltrated broadband Internet connection.
- A white board and markers for illustrations.
Participant Requirements 🔗︎
Students are required to know common Internet services (like HTTP, DNS), search engines (basic ‘Google hacking’) and basic IT security principles (port scanning etc) would be a plus. Some scripting or programming experience (Python, PERL, PHP) is also definitely an advantage!
Ready for more? We offer advanced trainings 🔗︎
Our advanced trainings target participants that are already familiar with the basics of Maltego and want to learn how to extend Maltego’s capabilities. Participants require some basic knowledge in scripting as well as accessing databases or APIs. Our advanced training covers:
- Maltego Server Infrastructure.
- Building Machines.
- Building Transforms.
If you are interested in purchasing an advanced training, please reach out to our sales team using our price inquiry form:
Purchase Training? 🔗︎
You can purchase Maltego training from our webshop: